3 x Red Peppers (Chopped and seeds removed)
2 x Sweet Potato Cut into chunks (leave the skin on)
1 Large or 2 Small White Onion (Chopped)
2 x Vegetable or Chicken Stock Cube dissolved in 1 Litre of Boiled Water
Other ingredients; 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil ,Salt and Pepper
Optional Ingredients: Garlic Clove, Chilli, Teaspoon of Paprika
1. Preheat the oven to 200C .
2. Arrange the peppers, Potato and Onion on a baking tray/oven dish Sprinkle some salt and pepper over the top. Add paprika, crushed garlic and chilli if using it. Add about two tablespoons of olive oil and mix it through the vegetable mixture. Roast in the oven for about 25 mins until soft and cooked through.
3. Remove from the oven and empty into a large pot
4. Add 1 litre of boiling water to two stock cubes to dissolve in a jug
5. Start to add the stock to the pot with the vegetables and blend (Use a blender to blend the soup till it’s smooth and creamy, or transfer it to a blender in batches and blend till smooth. If you don’t have a blender you can mash with a potato masher)
6. If the soup is thicker than you’d like, add some extra stock or water to achieve the desired consistency.
7. Taste and adjust the seasonings as desired. Serve.
Leftover soup will keep for up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge. It can be frozen for up to 6 weeks.