Current Policy Priorities
- Supporting Scotland’s Good Food Nation ambitions– we want ensure the right to food is achieved
- Tax reform in Scotland – we support the redistribution of wealth and a minimum income guarantee to support our most vulnerable
- Maximising uptake of benefits and entitlements and making the case for increased support to encourage healthy eating through schemes such as Best Start and Alexandra Rose
- Circular economy – we support a circular economy and ask the Scottish Govt to introduce measures to support a circular economy
- Access to Healthy Food – We believe that everyone in Scotland deserves to live in an environment designed to promote their health, free from marketing and promotions focused on unhealthy options.
- Cash First – We believe that everyone should have the option of cash first solutions
- Locally sourced food – we believe that food should be locally grown and sourced
- Tackling Food Waste through redistribution
News & Updates
As an organisation dedicated to working for Pantries and their communities, we were happy to be able to arrange for Deputy First Minister Shona Robison a visit to one of our members, The Larder in West Lothian. We are pleased that the government is interested in our...
Here’s some ways to save !!
1. Did you sign up for a 🆓trial ? keep it 🆓 by remembering to CANCEL❌ and setting an earlier reminder.
2. Don’t be hesitant to bring LEFTOVERS 🥗 into the office; they will save you more money than a meal deal every day!
3. Don’t sleep on debts; if you owe money, make sure to pay it off as quickly as possible so that you can spend and save guilt-free. 🛒🛍
4. Rather than transferring from savings and being surprised when money is taken out, automate the frequent bills such as the phone. 💸💸
5. Before heading out or shopping, see whether there are any available promotional coupons or vouchers. If it’s with family or young person, remind them to bring Young Scot Cards & Student Cards. 🧒🚸
6. Cash makes it easier to budget than online, breaking £20 note is harder than just tapping your card. Take out some cash instead 🏧💳
September 2023 Glasgow Food Summit. A busy day for the team promoting the pantry model at the Glasgow Food Summit hosted in Glasgow City Chambers. Good to share practice from Glasgow , UK and beyond. Our CEO Mandy co presented on the innovative partnership with Thrive Under 5 , Alexandra Rose and the Ruchazie Pantry . A good measure of how far we have come since the last Food Summit in 2019 but also opportunity to reflect on how much we still need to do.
Our Story2018 – Discussions with Glasgow City Council & our partner organisation Fareshare Glasgow & West of Scotland lead to the development of a best practice mode , a steering group is formed to establish a pilot in the North East of the city. 2019 – Two...