Without volunteers the pantries wouldn’t function and they would not be the success they are. We thank every one of the volunteers across the network for their hard work and dedication, you are all an inspiration.
Volunteering has many benefits for both the individual and the community benefits from the work you do.
Some of the many benefits for the individual:
- make new friends and be part of a team
- increase your practical skills
- increase your social skills
- volunteering gives fulfilment and is fun
- healthy boost to your self-confidence, self-esteem
- good for physically health
- help others
- Increases job prospects
Benefits to the community:
- Volunteering builds Community
- Ends Loneliness
- Increases Socialising
- Helps Those Most Affected by Mental Illness